Shin-Etsu Silicone Resin KR242A, KR211, KR212, KR255, KR271, KR272, KR282, KR300, KR311, KR480, KR216, KR5206, KR5230, KR5234, KR5235, KR114B, ES1001N, ES1002T, ES1023
Silicone resin is bonded by silicon-oxygen bonds with high bonding energy (Si -O-Si), this layer has various properties such as heat resistance, weather resistance, electrical insulation, and waterproofness.
Methyl silicone resin: It is a silicone resin whose organic substituents are entirely composed of methyl groups. It can form a coating with very high hardness, moisture resistance, insulation, waterproofness and release properties
Methyl/phenyl silicone resin: It is a silicone resin whose organic substituents are composed of methyl and phenyl groups. It can form a coating with excellent heat resistance, mechanical strength and gloss.
Organic resin modified silicone resin: It is a silicone resin mixed with other organic resins. This resin can form a combination of organic resin characteristics such as mechanical strength and chemical resistance, as well as the characteristics of silicone resin and silicone. Resin-characteristic coating.
(1) Heat-resistant coating: silicone resin, utilizing its heat resistance, It is used as a coating in a temperature range (200°C or higher) that cannot be used with general organic resin coatings. In addition, because of its excellent weather resistance and water resistance, it has the characteristics of strong resistance to outdoor deterioration and high affinity with ordinary inorganic pigments. Heat-resistant coatings form a variety of products depending on their uses, materials, temperature ranges, etc. Among them, silicone resin is widely used in many products.
Extended uses: iron, rice cooker, pot, oven, water heater, kettle, Around the engine, heating device, exhaust muffler, factory equipment
(2) Weather-resistant coating: Deterioration of external coating is caused by ultraviolet light, high temperature , water and other reasons, gloss weakening and weathering will occur. Silicone resin is not decomposed by ultraviolet rays, high temperatures, water, etc., so it has extremely excellent weather resistance compared to ordinary organic resins, and is used as a paint mixer for exterior coatings.
(3) Used for resin modification: silicone containing a large number of phenyl groups The resin has excellent compatibility with other organic resins and can impart various silicone properties. For example, flame retardancy can be imparted by adding KR-480 or the like during kneading to produce polycarbonate. From the viewpoint of environmental protection and safety, it is attracting attention as an alternative to conventional antimony, halogen, and phosphorus materials.
(4) Electrical insulation coating layer: silicone resin at room temperature ~200℃ It maintains a high level of volume resistivity above 1X10^13 Ω·cm in a wide temperature range, showing excellent electrical insulation properties with small temperature dependence. In addition, due to the orientation of the methyl groups on the surface of the coating, it has excellent low water absorption. These features are widely used in the protection of various electronic components
(5) Adhesives for heat resistance and electrical insulation: utilization of silicone resin It has excellent heat resistance and electrical insulation properties and is not softened by heat, so it is used as a binder for molded products such as metal powders. Recently, with the spread of solar cells and HV and EV vehicles, the demand for it as an adhesive for coil molding is also increasing.